Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

3rd attempt, 96/224  

• 0/5

Author30 Posts

Hi everyone
I am really happy with my score,
I am very much thankful to so many people in this forum;especially Klonopin3BID,BeKind,Supra,Study499,DRFP.
Just only because of U guys i thought about taking it for the 3rd time,Thank you all for u r nice support.
I really worked hard for this.
I took almost 1 year for preparing this time,
planned everything and didn't do the mistakes i had done before in my preparation
if any one wants to ask questions about preparation please don't hesitate.
Once again thank you all,
Wish you best of luck.

BRAVO !Congrats! What an inspiration! U deserve it...What did u different the 3rd time..Please share ur exam strategy.

Congrats! thats awesome score! smiling face yes, please do share what you changed and what helped you the most

ENJOY ur awesome score!

this is the highest score i have ever heared about in 3rd attemept,,,, this is really a WOW,,,,,,see every one who lost hope,,, hope never ends... congratulation pal,,, have a blast u deserve that nod

Hello Doc,
Many congrates for ur successful attempt.gr8 score man.
could u pls share ur exam prep and experience in bit more detail,as in how many times did u revise kaplan notes,uw n fa.wat mistakes u made earlier and learnt from them this time.
once again i am very happy for u and u got the best score.
best wishes for future too.

waow thts a grt score...tell us about your preparation this time??..wat did u change??

sm10 wrote:
waow thts a grt score...tell us about your preparation this time??..wat did u change??

congrats buddynod

Congrats !!!
Kindly share your mateiral and wht different you did this time to beat this exam?
i have failed once 3 years ago and now wanna give it a try again but i am so afraid of failing it again that ..................
please share with us your strategy.
thankx

wow really nice story and ALL THE BEST FOR U!!!!! Never give up your dream!

congratulation u did great...good luck for next step and btw..would u mind to share u study pattern?

thanks

great achievement my friend. You can enjoy the well deserved sweet taste. You see man can only enjoy victory better when he knows what failure is. plz share the changes u made for the BIG comeback

Hi everyone
First of all i would like to write about some social problems that i have faced,
After failing 2 times,So many of friends (almost all)told me to quit,because they care for me,I know that very well.
But i want to have a confident life,i started one process(taking step exams)and i want to complete it successfully without thinking about whether i will get the residency or not.
Every day i used to remind myself atleast 3 or 4 times NEVER GIVE UP.
Everyone will have to face some problems at many points of life, most of us will be thinking about the problem and get depressed,here we should think very maturely and keep one of the defense mechanism in practice, as you all know that it is Supression(REMEMBER that u forgot)
At this point of time,We shouldn't think about the problem.Just think about the solution.Plan everything perfectly and follow it.
About one personal thing in my life,one of my very best friend who helped me a lot in my life, advised me to quit after failing 2 times,after that i isolated myself from him and others too(might be a mistake,but goal is important right now)Because he really care for me, that's why he advised me like that.
Even right now, i didn't inform him about my score.
I am going to tell him after finishing Step 2.
I knew that he will be the happiest person for me on that day.
This is the only saddest thing for me at this happiest occasion.
One more main thing,about my mother she is just like a god for me,she supported me morally alot.
i am also thankful to my brother who supported me a lot in difficult situations.

I think u guys might be getting bored about my storysmiling face

Now about my preparation

1 st attempt----- no planing and suffering with duodenal ulcer and got severe pain at the time of the exam
preparation time--7 months,not in a position to assess myself what i studied.
Kaplan material only

2nd attempt-----no time
Preparation time--2 months 15 days,
Kaplan material only

3rd attempt-----planned everything before,almost followed the plan in right time
Kaplan material and videos, revised kaplan material 3 times
Usmleworld---did 2 times online,
1st time---60%
2nd time--72%
Rapid review Goljan,only this time-- 3 times
NBME form 3--- 86(projected),3 months before
form 4--- 90, 2months before
form 7----85, 3 weeks before, a little bit depressed but revised weak areas
First aid ---- 2 times
Kaplan q bank, did only pathology--offline
Usmle FRED software q----- 78% overall, 3 days before

That's my preparation
Hope this might be useful for u guys,
If anyone got bored,really sorrywink Take it easy
Special thanks to insulinoma,step1 saga,hyvee,usmlenailer1,sm10,mom_doctor,cristalamorf,doxipen,nomadic
WISH U ALL THE BEST
HOPE U ROCK THE EXAM

I will post my exam experience very soon

Gladiator, very inspirational story...

THanks for sharing..

what was the duration of your preparation the third time?>

Also when you refer to kaplan- do you mean kaplan videos or LN or Both

And for goljan book or audio or both?

Thanks and congrats

hope u are able to tell ur friend soon, hope u guys get back together... i know how it is..but he ll be very happy for u i know it

Can be you be kindly be a bit detailed about how you went about in the last 3 months of your studies........

thanks.....

and especially last 3 weeks.............

wow..thats great spirit;-) and thank u so much for sharing ur experiance with us.

WOW Great!! Congratulations Gladiator9 you know I have failed step 1 x4 times and your inspirational story give me faith and strength to keep going in the pursue of my dream, and to do not give up, you are absolutely right your friends sometimes do not understand us, when we are studying for this tests, I just wanted to pass next try and finish with this hard but possible way that I decided to follow, please give some advice to improve my score and finally continue with my goals, Thank you and Congrat's again.

Congratulations!!! very inspiringnod

Hi Everyone
My exam experience for the 3 rd time is like mixed thing,i got some very simple questions and difficult ones too.
Somany graphs, gross specimens,histological slides, CTs, X-rays.
What i felt is like, approximately for every 5 questions i got 3 of the above things.
But no need to panic, if you have clear concepts eventhough you look some of these things like for the first time you can answer those questions very easily.
You knew that its not possible for everyone to cover everything about these MRIs,X-rays, CTs,graphs etc
But some basic facts and some of the structures identification is must( Eg- Identifying structures of knee in MRI)
I took 5 mins break for every block;didn't do this before 2 times
Pharma and micro questions are straight forward
All the remaining questions are totally clinically oriented and very long questions
I felt anatomy questions little bit difficult
For path, Goljan is the best book
After coming out of the exam centre, not in a position to say the predictable score, very tensed for those 3 weeks before the result but very happy after checking the result

Step1saga
Duration of my preparation is 11 monhs
Kaplan notes only
Both Goljan Audio and book

crimsonboy
For the last 3 months before the exam I revised Uworld for the 2nd time,
and revised all the subjects 2 times
3weeks before, checked X-rays,CTs,MRIs,Nbme offline,FRED software Qs,Revised Kaplan notes once except Path. first aid for the 2nd time

DrJZ
First of all,You have to prepare yourself to take the exam this time,Because of the failures before there will be so much pressure as compared with the first time taker,just give me private messages what doubts you have, i will help you, don't worry, keep cool, B+ve, everything will be alright.

Once again Thank you all for your nice support.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Everyone falls one time or another but those who get up an continue the journey are the real winners. So happy for you, Good luck for the next steps and thanks for sharing your story.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Any1 preparing for the 2nd or 3rd attempt?
Ready for 3rd attempt journal?
Success on 3rd Attempt!!
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact