Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

What material to study for step 3  

• 100/5

Author128 Posts

Can somebody tell me what resources did you use to prepare for step 3:
Kaplan,master the boards, qbanks...???
How long does it take to prepare for step 3??

Thanks.

u can choose what ever material u like man but one thing i would like to advice be short brief n persistent is key to usmle examinations...............................residual knowledge from a single source would help u to recall material on will rather than reading material from different soures n end up recalling nothing coz neurons develop certain pathway which is reinforced by continious reading n repeatition............................this was my two cents........................

as for reading material from the start keep these 4 things in mind

1-step2ck base is very important for passing step3 ......................material is same oreintation is different

2-each ccs case means 14 mcqs done correctly star on the real exam means that even if u are on borderline on mcqs even then u gonna pass so it tells u how imp it is to do well on ccs

3-family practice book to obtain a very good score

4- IM AND PAEDS r very imp for exam preventive medicine as well so keep track on those subjects rather than going into too much details of biostatistics n ethics which r not high yeild

reading material ...................................one should read n watch videos of premier review or archers ..........none the difference between two but archers has n added advantage of mcq q bank based topic discussion which would definitely allow u to grasp material n apply with ease ok............................then u hv to read one family practice book not all of it selected topics

then ccs prep u hv to develop ur on protocal for that dr reds workshop can help u in develop an understanding for that as 50%ccs is knowledsge n 50% is software handling so that sums up what i hav researched hope this will gonna help u .........................n also do visit the forums as questions discussed here r really high yeild for exams...................

needless to say abt uw q bank n uw ccs...........................u know they r like jewels for usmlites

i hav attached a file at the end of this thread from where u can download jasons family practice book

On Sep 30, 2010 - 7:20 PM, fdoctor responded:
Thank you so much man!!!! You have opened my eyes!!

Edited by canadian on Nov 05, 2010 - 7:58 AM

which topics should be consulted from family practice book?

canadian; thank you for the guidance. I have some questions :

a) Which of dr.red workshops did you use? live or recorded? which is more helpful?
b) Are archer lectures same as dr.red video lectures? I saw a demo on their blog and they are very good. I am going to use them. But is that all or should I use any other reading material ? I am also doing kaplan and UW qbanks.

innocent devil
u can read cardio pulmo infectious diesease sports medicine critical care geriatrics............. but i would advice u to go thru jasons family practice book once all over atlesat IM n PAEDS questions r harder n vague compared to swansons like step3 exam ............swansons is also a very famous book but jason FP is very interesting i found it while browsing thru internet u can send ur mail id on PM n i will send that FP book..............................

thomas

live has its benefit u can practice with dr red recorded has its benefits if u hv to choose one then live would be better but for me i hav taken live as well as recorded as i am not satisfied by anything so i need an extra kick to satisfy my concience that i am done but live will suffice then u can practice cases on uw ccs again n again also shaheers cd can also be taken for cases not given in uw .................again soul purpose of attending dr reds workshop is to develop ur own thinking how to apply ur knowledge with ccs software so hv to conceptulize rather than craming stuff ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i hope that would help...........

they hv to separate sets of study materials one exclusicely for ccs n one for mcq dr reds workshop is ccs material..............................let me know if u come up with anything abt step3 as i am also in the process ok i would really be glad if u wanna exchange ur info as well regarding step3.................

@canadian

I appreciate your help. please send me at hardtask@gmail.com.

thanks a lot

i have sent u that book of family practice do kkep me posted on ur reviews abt that book .........i need feedback so that i may know how much it is useful...................

hi canidian,

could u send me that book of Jason.

my E-mail is drhisham80@gmail.com

thnak you very much for ur suggestions as it helped me so much...

sure buddy check ur mail it should be in ur mail box......................i am impressed bu ur performance man by the way when ur writing ur ck or u hv already taken it ..............av u taken cs as well i would definitely like to hv ur opinion over ck man..........see u n best of luck

if anyone needs step3 book u can mail to one of the guys abov as well they hav that book i hv send it to them so if i am not arnd u can surely ask them

Hi, canadian, could you send me this book of Jason, my exam is on December 1st, my email is vilua44@gmail.com
Thank you very mych

galnadol
check ur mail i hv send it to u

Hi Canadian,

can u send me jason book and also some lectures if u have

my email is exammaster1@yahoo.com

Hello,

Can anyone send me Jason FP book at nldreams@gmail.com ?

Hi

can anyone send me that book at tinacs09@hotmail.com!?
thank you very much!

Hey guys
Can some one also please send me the Jason book too smiling face
would like to study that for step3 !

My email is horizonapart@gmail.com

Thanking every one in advance smiling face

check ur emails n do update this thread abt this book that how it can be efficinetly used for step3

can you please send me jason familymedicine as email attachement. My email is impact_leo@yahoo.com.
Much appreciated in advance. Good luck with everyting you.

hey can any one send me at dr.amingilani@gmail.com
thank u in advance...

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Step 2 study material
material to study for step 3
step 1 study material
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank