hi i am Img graduated 2003
step1 99% 238
step2 99% 248
cs pass first attempt
step 3 will be on nov 3
certified by ecfmg
no us experience
Just one LOR from my country
i need advice weather apply for the match or not and if i applied what is my chance in getting iv, please help me tired of thinking

Hey,

You'll also need to take into account of your medical school (ie, whether or not you are from a reputable institution even outside of the US, for example university of Cambridge, Oxford, Karolinska Institute.), your school grades, any publications, other degrees such as PhD, and your visa status.

I've spoken, at length, to some faculty members who are part of the selection panels, and these are major determinants other than your scores.

Having said that, in terms of your scores, you're obviously on a right track so I would imagine you probably will get some iv's especially if you're not too selective about the institutions you apply to.

If you can bear the financial burden, you can apply this year, do a research or something this year to enhance your cv, and even if, God forbid, you do not match this year, you can apply again next year with your then-hopefully a stronger cv.

Let us know how it goes, and keep us updated.

Good Luck

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

my chances in getting interview
chances of match without interview?
Interview Chances PlZ
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact