• 80/5

0%
votes

Author92 Posts

Exactly.

Rej: University of Nebraska and Sinai Hospital Baltimore

Oh man ,
i just went through the thread
and all i can say that those PDs of surgery just don't bother looking at our applications..

I didn't apply for this match just finished step 1 97 , other exams to be taken and will try to do better

The thing is , i'm an orthopedic surgery resident back home and though i can apply to orthopedics ... i know some ppl will want to come and bunch me in the face after reading this...

man, i'm pathetic.

Hiii all,,
I'm sorry to be sucha an intruder but I have a question and I thought that you are the best to give me the answer grin

Any one has any idea about electives in THI ?
Is it good ? DOes it worth ?

I agree, PD don't look at the applications. I have been told that too my face, but a PD that has known me personally for over 3 years. But I went to a conference recently, and I am telling you there are a lot of FMGs doing Sx. So don't give up.

Matched into surgery prelim. Alhumdulillah. Very happy.

congratulations ssrpk

hi thanks for the info

Thanks guys. It has been one tough journey getting to this stage again after losing the last spot three years ago. But I am happy with the match result.

How about you maudoody?

Matched ... Alhamdulla

msA congrats guys, may allah help you in your next steps.
I'm really happy for you

thank you 3amoor.

Hassan2000 - Did you match in prelim or cat?

Congratulation Dr. ssrpk
Alhamdullah ... Cat.

Congratulations everybody here,

Hassan, may write your creds please ?? 3 digit scores, publications, visa, USCE periods, your school performance...

Just as I promised when this thread first started, I won't contribute until I actually match, so here goes:

Step 1 - 239/99 1st attempt

Step 2 CK - 242/99 1st attempt

Step 2 CS - pass 1st attempt

Step3 - not yet taken

Research/pubs - none

USCE - 2 years of clinicals (caribbean US-IMG)

Graduation date - 2010

No of programs applied to - 131

IV's: 10 (7 cat, 3 prelim)

University/community IV's: 7 community, 3 university (Mayo clinic is considered community, just FYI)

Match outcome: Matched to my number 1 choice (Mayo Clinic Prelim)

Hopefully this will give you guys a bit of perspective for next year's match. On one hand, it's great to have matched, especially at my #1 program. On the other hand, I will have to repeat the process next year, but hopefully the process will be easier.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations, ibts!

Could you tell us what exactly led you to rank a prelim (in a top place, no doubt) above all those safe categoricals?

P.S. I got a prelim, my #1

Edited by dzole on Mar 24, 2011 - 11:44 AM

dzole wrote:
Congratulations, ibts!

Could you tell us what exactly led you to rank a prelim (in a top place, no doubt) above all those safe categoricals?

P.S. I got a prelim, my #1

Well, it's an excellent program, the people there were just great and I got a good vibe from the interview. They have a culture of emphasis on education, and the level of tradition over there was unparalleled compared to the other places I interviewed.

That, coupled with their 150+ OR's, their unique mentorship model and 1.5-month rotations as opposed to 1-month rotations, I felt their program allows for more in-depth exposure to surgical learning.

All in all, a great program. Who knows, maybe I could be absorbed into their program for the following year? Either way, I'm just happy to be a part of it all.

Geat. The place is really outstanding.

ibethatsurgeon wrote:
(Mayo clinic is considered community, just FYI)

I don't think that this matters, but they have changed it recently.

From FREIDA:

Program best described as University-based

hassan2000 wrote:
Congratulation Dr. ssrpk
Alhamdullah ... Cat.

lord_man wrote:
Congratulations everybody here,

Hassan, may write your creds please ?? 3 digit scores, publications, visa, USCE periods, your school performance...

lord_man , he will not reply a post or a orivate msg

it is really wired that some people gets many benefits from this forum .. and everyone help them .. but they refuse to give just small piece of information to help others ..

are credentials a nuclear weapon secret ?

we dont know u .. ur name .. where u matched .. we know nothing .. ur privacy is safe .. why dont u try to help ?

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

2011 General Surgery Matched cred
Matched Applicants 2011
2011 Radiology Applicants
show Related resources

NMS Surgery
Kaplan Lecture Notes: Surgery
General Surgery (Board Review Series)

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact