Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Archers or UW CCS cases  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether Archers CCS day seminar (where you and others practice the needed CCS approaches, with live advice from them) is as good as doing the UW CCS cases? The cost is about the same and Archers does about 15 cases where UW does about 90! I've read on the forums that Archers is a good review. I will have limited time and won't be able to do both.
Thanks

Archer is very important for the CCS prep. Many people are recommending it and swear that it has given very high score for them on the CCS. I did his recorded PPV but planning on doing live webinar this month. In the live webinar, I heard, he does 15 cases but if you do recorded session you can watch about 35 cases. It is not the cases but it is how he demonstrates them and his strategies that are crucial. The problem with UW is many times I got stuck not knowing where to go, there is nobody to guide in UW and you are totally on your own. UW does not have the important highyield strategies to score high like Archer teaches. In CCS it is important that we are actively taught and drilled, questioned and supervised , this is what he does in his 12 hour workshop. Archer is actively supervising you all the time and tells you where you are going wrong immediately and then he demonstrates the correct approach. If you see even the first three hours of Archer, you can know how much we will miss on the CCS if we did not do archer because these things are not there in UW. It is surprising that so many cases can be easily tackled with his approaches and very intelligent navigation like for example, I did not how to schedule these later date tests on 5 minute screen until archer demonstrated. He discusses and shows many of those tips that will bump up the CCS score as per many people. No other couse is giving this interactive demonstrations. I think you should do both uw and archer. If you do not have time, just go for archer.

hey fishkin,

thanx for the info..i believe your score should have been out by now..so can u plz clarify whether the live webinar was helpful to you.if someone is not able to do the live webinar, will the archer's ppv suffice?
thanx

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Archers notes anyone
sp for revision of archers ccs 91
Real test cases Vs. F.A. cases ?
show Related resources

Underground Clinical Vignettes: Pediatrics, Classic Clinical Cases for USMLE Step 2 and Clerkship Review
Pathology cases - Univ of Pittsburg
Blueprints Clinical Cases in Pediatrics

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact