Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

just started with CS prep  
Get Adobe Flash player

• 0/5

Author18 Posts

hello everyone
iam new to this forum..i felt so good when i read the journals.they were really encouraging..
n about me..i am an img..done with my step-1..was prep for ck n now took a break for CS..i have my CS in 50 days..just started a week ago with FA..n planning to do UW for a month..
iam done with the introduction part n symptoms from FA..should start with the cases..meanwhile iam revising history taking and examination from clinical methods books..
bye for now
gud luck everyone!!!

hi iam an img and starting preparation too,starting cases now have plans to go for FA first,do u make notes after every case,iam bit confuse i keep jumping from one book to other and at the end have nothing in my hand so if u can suggest study plan
thanx

hi
i didnt start the cases yet..doing the minicases..to be familiar with all the D/Ds..
i thought..like.later i can practice cases by trying to make PN for each case..i am planning to do UW after completing FA..no other books..just referring other books if i hv any doubts regarding any tests or maneuvers..i'll hv to practice on someone after iam done with all the cases..
when is ur exam??

thanx for the response
my exam on sept 28

hello everyone...started withcs prep again after postponing the exam..
now i hv my exam in philly on nov 11th..
i've done the introduction part of FA long back..i think i shd brush it up a bit..now i'am doing the practice cases on my own and practicing the patient note in the space given..
i subscribed for UW and iam done with it till the sample cases..i am trying to do the practice cases with my husband as SP..i've done 2 cases till now..
iam not sure if iam prep the right way or not..
can anyone please suggest me??
thak u in adv and good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!

done with 10 cases in FA..

done with 11 cases..shd do a lot today..

started today with a case of forgetfullness in an elderly person
things to remember:
ask about
activities of daily living:
D-dressing
E-eating
A-ambulation
T-toiletting
H-hygeine
instrumental activities of daily living:
S-shopping
H-housekeeping
A-accounting
F-food preparing
T-transportation
MMSE:
Appearance
behaviour
speech
memory
mood
affect
cognition
judgement
insight
thought process
thought content
concentration.

case of diabetes follow up:
ask about:
duration
medications,compliance
bld sugar measurements including last reading
episodes of hypoglycemia
h/o complications:visual changes,chest pain,SOB,N/V,bloating,bowel,urinary complaints,weakness,sensations,foot ulcers,TIA,erectile dysfunction
CHANGES IN WT AND APPETITE
diet
exercise
h/o HTN,MI,stroke,angina,high cholesterol
stress at home and work.
PHY:
HEENTsticking out tongueupils,fundus
NECK:bruit,JVD
HEART
LUNGS
ABDOMEN
EXTREMITIES;pulses,edema
SENSORY
MOTOR
REFLEXES

done with 17 cases..getting tensed!!!!!!!!

done with 18 cases..

done with 26 cases..but just going through..not practicing..shd complete FA today..hv 6 more days for the exam
pls encourage me..

hello everyone...hv my exam in 2 days..
just revising with the cases in FA and UW..
Practicing a few difficult cases..my only problem is time maintenance..
hope i'll do well..

hi
i have also just started cs prep i got the monthly with csevideo and uw program is this enough for cs do i have to use the fa? and is one month enough time

thank you

I used step2cs.net, fA book, practice many many many hours and used a full door mirror to see me ask history to myself. skype buddies too!

stressed_img wrote:
I used step2cs.net, fA book, practice many many many hours and used a full door mirror to see me ask history to myself. skype buddies too!

i have also started with csevideo today and seeking sp kinase969 on skype please anyone useing this program skype me and we cna study online im california time but can study all day any day

hey g6pd im in california la area and useing csevideo with fa send me pm or skype me john.medical i will add you today

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

just started step 3 prep!!!
Anybody prep for step 1 ,Started ju
Advice on getting started with prep!
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
NY CS PREP
Gold Step 2 CS Prep

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact